What is carbon offsetting?
Carbon offsetting is a reduction in emissions of carbon dioxide or other greenhouse gases to compensate for emissions made by your business during its day-to-day operations.
Offset what you cannot avoid...
However much we try to reduce our footprint, some emissions are still unavoidable. As well as reducing climate impact, businesses and individuals alike can take positive action to offset their carbon footprint by supporting climate projects.
How can Schools for Peace and Sustainability help your business offset your carbon emissions in 2 easy steps?
Calculate your carbon ommissions - #S4PS will help your business calculate its total annual carbon emissions using DECC approved methods, DEFRA, and international conversion factors.
i. Decide if your business is going to:
a. offset some of its annual carbon emissions?
b. offset all of its carbon emissions?
c. offset all of its carbon emissions and more to become carbon neutral+
ii. Choose from one of our extensive Gold Standard offset projects located around the world and #S4PS will do the rest!
And don't forget...as part of our native Irish tree planting program for every tonne of carbon offset by businesses and individuals, #S4PS will also plant 10 native Irish trees. These trees will be planted by our certified forestry services partner ensuring they will be cared for to maximise growth and environmental impact for many years to come.
Making the difference, one tonne of CO2e emissions at a time...
Show your customers and the world that you care about the environment...
Show how your business is taking #DirectAction by proudly displaying the #S4PS standard reflecting your carbon emission status.
Carbon Reduced Business - Your business has offset a % of its carbon emissions and is committed to an ongoing carbon reduction programme.
Carbon Neutral Business - Your business has offset 100% of its carbon emissions and is committed to an ongoing carbon reduction programme.
Carbon Neutral+ Business - Your business has offset 100% of its carbon emissions and is committed to an ongoing carbon reduction programme. It is also supporting Gold Standard projects above its own annual carbon emissions to make an even greater contribution to the fight against the #ClimateEmergency.
Some of the benefits of using #S4PS carbon offsetting services...
- Actively supporting SDGs around the world
- Helping to support our schools, community groups, and future generations through the ongoing development of a world-wide cloud-based ecosystem
- Supporting and contributing to our Irish tree planting programme
- Managing your carbon footprint & energy effectively
- Demonstrating #DirectAction as part of your CSR policy
- Reducing operational costs and limiting environmental impact
- Demonstrating your environmental credentials
- Meeting increasing supply chain tender needs
- Positive PR and marketing opportunities
- Motivating and engaging your employees